Jacoblog

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Why a Jacoblog

As Jacob Lawrence Newman's second birthday started to get closer I realized that I would like to be able to share pictures and stories about Jacob with his family members---especially his Grandmas, Grandpas, aunts and uncles, who live far from Pittsburgh. And so today I initiate the Jacoblog. It's a blog all about Jacob Lawrence Newman, born in Pittsburgh, 24 January 2004, at 12:01 PM. Hopefully Josh (Jacob's dad) and I will be able to add to this, every week or so, to keep Jacob's family in touch with our family. This might also be a cool way for us to keep track of Jacob's life for ourselves, and as a record for Jacob, too.

This morning was a pretty cool morning with Jacob. He started making a fuss in his crib when Josh got up to take a shower. I came in to get him up and he said "Hi" and "book." I took him over to his books but then he didn't seem interested in them anymore. So we went down stairs to have breakfast. While eating breakfast he pointed to the cookbooks next to his high chair and said "cookbooks." When I was cracking eggs into the pan he said "crack." After I gave him his medicine he said "thank you." We watched the "whale song" episode of the Jay Jay the Jet Plane, and we got him dressed for school. He grabbed Josh's coffee off the dining room table right before we left for school...but Josh had put a lid on it so it didn't spill too much. Jacob said "coffee." He is very interested in our coffee, especially since we got a latte machine for Christmas. Josh put Jacob into the back seat of his car and Jacob climbed into the seat all by himself. It was a good morning. I was grumpy (Josh called me the "grouchy lady bug") but Jacob was super sweet and fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home