Jacoblog

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Jean-Marc Chatellier's




One of my best memories as a kids was when my parents would take me and my sister to get donuts. We used to go to a chain called Wenchell's. My dad would get bear claws, or apple fritters. I liked raised donuts with sugar or glaze. In any case, the best pastries in Pittsburgh, if not the whole wide world, are at Jean Marc Chatellier's baker in Millvale. There's not much left to Millvale. No mills, to be sure. There's a hobby store, a drugstore/pancake place, and Jean-Marc's bakery. We saw Jean-Marc today and he looked pretty thin, considering what he makes for a living! Jacob loves this place---we went a lot when I was pregnant with Casey. Today Jacob had a maple bar, and Casey had a chocolate croissant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home