Jacoblog

Saturday, August 22, 2009

New England Summer, Part 1





Our trip began on Wednesday afternoon, August 12th. We left for State College after nap time, and stayed one night with Rich, Amy and the kids. Amy made delicious pizza with home grown eggplant, and the chocolate spice cookies I used to make when I was in graduate school. The kids played very well with each other, and Amy made delicious waffles for breakfast!

We stopped at a few rest stops on our way to New Haven. Oh, I also wanted everyone to admire the car trash can I made out of at oatmeal box that I covered with duck tape! I designed it so that it fits in the posts of the head rest! Also, the trash bag "screws in" on both sides with some soy milk carton lids that I put on the sides of the can! The new trash can worked really well!

And, finally, I wanted Nana to see that we finally found some patches for Jacob's pants. Josh and I got these patches on our anniversary (at the airport in Pittsburgh) and placed them on Jacob's two butt cheeks (on the pants). On our trip everyone knew where we were from!

3 Comments:

At 7:27 AM, Blogger Kat said...

Love the trash can!

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Ann Panush said...

Hi Kathy,
I loved the pateches - unique and lets him have a new pair of pants!

I also loved all the pictures and descriptions. It was fun to see Tina's kids and Travis. Travis is quite the handsome boy!

If you had just waited one week you could have shared Martha's Vinyard with the Obamas!!:) Love,
Mom

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

Now that trash can is CLEVER! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home