Jacoblog

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Spring and Summer in Review: THE ANNIVERSARY


We were lucky enough to get the help of our good friends David and Heather who kept the kids over night so we could jet off to NYC. Our first stop was the Metropolitan Museum of Art for the Francis Bacon exhibit. Bacon, a self-taught, working class gay male artist had a unique, dark and disturbing view of his life and loves on canvas.


After I'd had my fill of the Bacon exhibit I escaped into a small museum cafe for a rasberry mojito. After the drink I was more relaxed, and better able to handle the stress and bustle of the city. Turns out I'm a small town girl after all.


Here is a lyrical sculpture that helped me to relax while I drank my rasberry mojito!


We stayed at a small, stylish hotel in midtown Manhattan and we dined at an Italian restaurant in the Theater district. Even though it's garish and over-the-top, I love Times Square!


The next morning we had the most delicious tiny Italian fritters (beignets) made of ricotta cheese, flour, pine nuts and raisins. I could have eaten a bucket of them! We also had the world's best cappacinos! (See below).

1 Comments:

At 5:16 AM, Blogger Kat said...

I love the photo with all the color in it. (The one with the laptop on the table) I also love that you two take the time to enjoy each other and make your Anniversary special. That latte looks yummy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home