Jacoblog

Thursday, March 26, 2009

More on Jacob and God and Dinosaurs and Santa Claus

At the natural history museum today Jacob asked me when Santa Claus was going to die. I said Santa Claus was like a super hero, and that he never really dies. Jacob said, "like God." And I said, "Yes, if you believe in God." And Jacob said, "You don't believe in God?" And I said, "No, but it's OK if you do." And Jacob said, "Does God live forever? He never dies, right?" And I said, "That's what a lot of people believe." And Jacob said, "Did these dinosaurs die?" And I said, "Yes." And Jacob said, "And their skin melted off, leaving the bones behind?" And I said, "Yes." And then we had a snack.

2 Comments:

At 6:26 AM, Blogger Kat said...

Sounds like Jacob is doing a lot of thinking these days. Isn't it wonderful how their little minds expand and think beyound the everyday life. It is very interesting how most children seem to know "God".

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

I love getting questions like these. Heh. I'm never, ever prepared for them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home