Jacoblog

Sunday, April 18, 2010

This is What a Skeleton Birthday Party Looks Like






Casey likes scary stuff. I think she gets it from her dad, who has seen every "Saw" horror movie, except, perhaps, for "Saw IV." So, for Christmas, she got a pink skull from Santa, which immediately became one of her beloved room decorations.

Shortly after Jacob's "bowling birthday" (for pictures of that, see here: http://jacoblawrencenewman.blogspot.com/2010/01/jacob-turned-six-yesterday-and-reality.html), Casey asked for an unusual party theme of her own. "I want a skeleton birthday party, mom." "OK......" I answered, not completely sure what a "skeleton birthday party" would look like.

According to my brief survey of images on Google, cute pink skulls and skeletons are all the rage. I was even able to order (from my good friends at Oriental Trading) some cute pirate skeleton themed party items, including cute skeleton party napkins, party plates, candy bones, gum-ball eyes, and snap-on wrist bands. I decorated the cake myself, and made my own treat bags. The pink skull from Christmas got the place of honor as the party centerpiece.

And voilá! Skeleton birthday party!

3 Comments:

At 5:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Now that's my type of party. Good choice Casey!!! Looks amazing Kathy.

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Kat said...

Now that was not too scary, was it? Cute ideas and I love the cake!

 
At 2:37 AM, Blogger Drew Watts said...

Well, this is interesting because I have never seen a kid’s birthday party with such a theme. It doesn’t look that scary though. My kid’s birthday is next week and I have booked an event venue Atlanta for the celebration. I can also think of a theme like this for the day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home