Jacoblog

Saturday, August 07, 2010

Four "benders" at Fort Flagler

OK, so I'm not going to go into the whole Nickelodeon cartoon series "Avatar The Last Air Bender" thing in too much detail, but let me just say this: it is awesome. Three seasons have been made, and each season has 18 episodes. They are nicely drawn, complicated, multi-layered stories with an anti-war theme, and still plenty of action. The main characters are learning how to "bend" or control the four elements, earth, air, water and fire, and they are children. I love this show and so do my children and my niece and nephew.

The process of "bending" is like a series of Tai Chi movements and so when Ann and Larry took the kids to Fort Flagler this week Ann commanded them to show off their "bending" skills.

Don't they look great?

1 Comments:

At 8:08 AM, Blogger Kat said...

That looks like some serious bending goin' on there! I was wondering which element each child was bending. Casey kinds looks like hers might be air, because she is happy and smiling.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home