Jacoblog

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Summer, ho!



Am I the only kid on the planet that sort of dreaded summer? I remember feeling sad on the last day of class. It wasn't that I hated summer...I just LOVED school! I also remember going to the library, checking out dozens of books, and reading them outside (sometimes under a blanket, because this was Seattle, after all) and eating chocolate chips and lemon drops! And, of course, we swam every day in the lake! So what did I have to be mopey about?

Now I look forward to summer a lot more because summer means going to see family in Alabama, Seattle, and friends in New England! And, hopefully, our kids look forward to it, too.

Today I told the kids that they had a box from Nana waiting for them at home. "I think it's clothes," said Casey. And Casey was right! Here are Jacob and Casey's cool new summer swim outfits. Thanks, Nana!

2 Comments:

At 8:16 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Now that I know you are going to the beach for the 4th I think these will come in handy. I'm glad you are expanding on what summer means. Creating your own traditions is what Casey and Jacob will remember.

 
At 4:28 AM, Blogger Kat said...

I really didn't like summer either and was sad when school let out, but when my kids were out for summer it changed my ways, I loved having them all home for the summer!
Nana has good taste in clothes. Love the skeleton outfit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home