Jacoblog

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Are You Afraid of the Nose Goblin? You Should Be!


My sister, the real Dr. Newman, sent this missive from the Northwest about a new trick she invented to scare her kids into not picking their noses!

-------------------------------

So. It was getting late and I was trying to get the kids settled into bed. Ayar (pronounced A-yah) was picking her nose and innocently rubbing boogers all over the bed/parents.

Thoughtlessly, I said:

"Ayar, you better stop picking your nose or the nose goblin will come"...But then of course i had to explain what the nose goblin was.

So I said:

"Didn't you know that the nose goblin (who is very tiny) sits on the window sill looking for children who are picking their noses? If he finds them, he waits till they fall asleep and then he crawls inside their noses and eats the boogers?"

Ayar did not say anything for a long time. Her dad said her face shrunk down to the size of a pea. Then she said.....very quietly:

"Mom...I will never pick my nose again".

But nor will she ever fall asleep for fear of the nose goblin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good job mom!

PS: I blame Kathy for the image of the Belly Popper which was embedded deep in my psyche!!!

PPS: Zarni seemed to enjoy this image-- even weirder!!

2 Comments:

At 6:46 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Ok, I'm with Ayar I would stay awake all night long worrying about the nose goblin. When I was little someone told me that "earwigs" lay eggs in your ears. Is still shudder at the sight of earwigs. At least you can't see nose goblins:)::)
PS I never did this with my kids!!!!!

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

Love it! I might need to use that with my son. ;D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home