Jacoblog

Friday, September 25, 2009

My Fantasy Team


While I normally reserve this site for cute pictures of my children I've been inspired by recent events to think, nay, fantasize, about drafting my dream team. My husband Josh, for the first time in our 7 year relationship, is playing fantasy football. He has two teams—one that he drafted on an NFL site, and one that he drafted on an ESPN site. Every week he gets points based on the "real game" achievements of his players, and each week he can trade, drop and/or move players around on his roster. It seems to make him happy, and as long as he does the laundry and plays with the kids and rubs my back every night I can't see the harm in it.

But is has gotten me thinking. What would my dream team look like? Who would I draft if I could draft anyone to play on my team?

First, I'd like a personal chef. I think I would have to draft Heidi whose website frequently appears in my Google Ads. She is a vegetarian and a health nut and she photographs her own food; it always looks and sounds delicious. http://www.101cookbooks.com/.

Secondly, I'd like a personal trainer. Jillian from The Biggest Loser seems like she might be good. She can be mean, but, ultimately, she is about all of us believing in our own potential for personal transformation.

That said, I'd like a high powered intellectual writer on my team, and here I'd have to go with Barbara Ehrenreich. She's best known for her best selling book, Nickled and Dimed. Her latest book shreds the positive thinking movement, and it's a tough critique for me to hear, because I was raised on all of that mumbo jumbo. I basically still believe in it. So I'd put Barbara on my team. To keep me honest. http://www.barbaraehrenreich.com/books.htm

For my TV pundit I would draft Rachel Maddow. She's adorable and brilliant and left wing and funny and cool.

I'd like an in-house barista, and in this category I'd probably have to go with my good friend E.L. Fricke. She makes the best latté in the burgh.

For husband, I'll keep the one I have, though on my fantasy team he has already finished his dissertation. He already rubs my back every night to help me to get to sleep, and that's just about every woman's fantasy as far as I know.

That seems like a dream team to me! Who would you draft for your dream team?

3 Comments:

At 12:40 PM, Blogger Kat said...

I like your fantasy team! I will have to think about what mine would be like. Will get back to you on that!

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Spent awhile on the road from Florida thinking of our team. We had a great time thinking of what would be an awesome team of stars and characters. Here were our favorites:
Dexter
Batman if we get2 drive the batmobile 
Chef ramsey cuz he's hardcore 
Eric and Lafayette from true blood 
Edward from Twilight
Ghostbusters 
Dan brown/ Stephanie meyer -my fav
Bret/ jemaine
Freddy krueger 
Jack skellington 
Antonio from design star
Kircard- mixed DNA of Picard + Kirk
Gandolf/ falcor- from lord of the rings
A dragon
Skeletor 
cry bAby + hatchetface
Colbert
The Flash

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger Calamitous Jane said...

So here's the thing, I LOVE your fantasy team, and would want to hang out there all the time,.... except, I woudl want someone else making the lattes! While I appreciate the comment, I have to say that the lil guy at Cafe a mano is my current fave in the Burgh, and I would love to come over to your commune and have him make me latte after latte, while I listen to you and Barbara Ehrenreich talk. Bliss!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home