Jacoblog

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

September Exploits: CASEY'S ROUGH TUMBLE




Last weekend Jacob and Casey and I were torn between going to the park and going on a "nature walk." We decided to do both by going to the "Dinosaur Park" that opens up onto a series of limestone trails that wind down at a pretty steep incline to the pond at the base of Panther Hollow. The trip started out nicely enough, with the kids posing in the "jail" at the playground, and on various play equipment. After we headed out on the "nature walk," however, Casey asked: "Can I run?" I said yes. She started to run down the path. She tripped, flew up in the air, and somehow landed smack on her eye. She cried in my arms for a long time, and we then hiked back up the trail, drove home, and got her cleaned up. She modeled her bad eye with her signature "pirate squint." It's been about 4 days now, and her eye is healing well. Poor little buddy!

1 Comments:

At 5:02 AM, Blogger Kat said...

OUCH! That looks pretty bad. I would have cried a long time too. I am glad it is doing better now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home