Jacoblog

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Notes on our new routine



Photo caption: This is Casey riding a trike in Port Hadlock, but you get the picture....


Well, things are different around these here parts, and one of the biggest changes is the fact that Casey has her own wheels! Today is the 4th day of the new semester, and this week the day has worked like this:

6:30 The kids wake us up
6:45 I make Josh coffee
7:00 The kids and Josh watch Avatar while Josh wakes up
7:15 I go to work!
7:30 Josh feeds and dresses the kids!
8:30 Josh takes Jacob to his school at Carriage House
9:00 Josh walks Casey to Cyert, while Casey RIDES HER OWN BIKE!
9 - 3:30 Josh and Kathy work hard!!!! Casey and Jacob play hard!
3:45 Kathy picks Casey up at school. It takes a LONG time for us to get home, b/c Casey has to ride her bike .5 miles uphill! She rides on the sidewalk next to a busy street, so I have my heart in my mouth the whole time! Casey keeps saying: "It's OK, mom. I CAN DO IT!"
4:15 Casey and I walk to pick up Jacob
5:00 Josh walks home to meet us for dinner!
6:00 We eat dinner on the porch!
6:30 We play outside and take care of the yard!
8-8:30 The kids go to bed!
9:00 Josh and I collapse with exhaustion!

We started this new routine as a way to give Jacob and Casey shorter days at school and daycare. Starting next Thursday (when Jacob starts 1st grade), Jacob will take leave for Linden from a bus stop close to our house around 8:45 AM, and I will meet him at the bus stop at the end of the day, around 3:40 PM everyday! Then we'll pick up Casey and play until Josh comes home!

I love getting to work early every day, and I've had more time to cook and hang out with the kids before dinner. I hope we can keep it up!

2 Comments:

At 9:15 AM, Blogger Calamitous Jane said...

That's incredible! What a delight that it works out so well. Location location location. I'm v. impressed with the cycle-skills, too. We're planning on getting Monx a bike with one of those handles in the back, since I want him to be able to ride (it's about .75 miles) but I also think we're going to need a little extra "push" now and then.

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Kat said...

A very busy day indeed. I too am impressed with Casey's bike riding! That is great that you can work out a schedule so you can all be together often. Sounds like a good life to me. Routine is a good thing as long as yu "break" it sometimes.
P.S. I too am a tad antsy about her riding on those busy streets. It is good she has confidence!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home