Jacoblog

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Family Fun is....well....FUN!



I love Family Fun magazine. It's a Disney product, so of course I'm a bit worried about that, but this magazine has the BEST ideas for kid crafts, travel ideas, food/snack ideas, teacher gift ideas, summer fun ideas....anyway, IT'S AWESOME!

Last night I had no teacher's gift for Ms. Piesik, Jacob's first grade teacher. By this morning at 8:45 Jacob and I had made this "P" out of crayons for her. Above is the original photo of the idea, and our version, complete with Jacob and his teacher. What do you think?

7 Comments:

At 7:20 AM, Blogger Kat said...

What a cool idea! Good job Jacob and Mom! You can tell Jacob is so proud.

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Ann said...

I loved this idea too,in fact I'm thinking of showing it to Brenda for Zarni's teacher. Homemade gifts are the best!!

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger Kathy N. said...

So mom, what was the best teacher's gift you ever got? And what was the worst? This year I got a very expensive scarf from one of my foreign students, where clearly teacher gifts are a BIG deal. One year I got some Frango mints from Seattle!

 
At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Ivana said...

so much better than an apple ...

 
At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Nancy said...

I love it!! Wish my students were that creative:)

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Josh said...

A tutoree once gave me a cheap fleece jacket and then complained when I still made her pay my hourly rate. I know you remember that jacket, Dr. Newman.

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Christie said...

I am going to make something like this for my new baby's room, with one frame per letter for his name! How did you glue down the crayons so they were secure? School glue? Hot glue? Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home