Jacoblog

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tasting Bugs

Yesterday Jacob had the day off from school, and so he and I ran some errands on campus. We visited my good friend and PhD student, Jeff, who runs the video library, and who also has an ample supply of candy and Halloween themed toys (year round!). At Jeff's office Jacob got a blue lollipop, and he swindled Jeff out of a second lollipop for Casey, which he proudly delivered to her in the car on the way home. During the drive, while Casey crunched on her lollipop, here is the conversation that Josh and I overheard:

Jacob: "Look at the bottom of my tongue. It looks like the bottom of a fern, like spores." (Jacob and I had just been looking at ferns at Phipps Conservatory).

Casey: "My [I] have a red tongue."

Jacob: "Do you see those little bumps? I have tasting bugs on my tongue. Right dad?"

Josh: "Right."

Casey: "I don't want the bugs to get me! I don't want bugs in my mouth!"

Jacob: "You do have the bugs! But they are so tiny you can't see them!"

Casey: "I don't have bugs in my mouth. I DON'T!!!!" (Picture glass breaking here, with the high pitch of Casey's scream).

Jacob: "YOU DO!"

------------------------------------
Here's a picture of the "tasting bugs" on Jacob's tongue, which tasted his blue lollipop!

3 Comments:

At 5:46 AM, Blogger Kat said...

Oh my, those two are a card! That was very thoughtful of Jacob to ask for one for his sister, but I am afraid it ended up in torture for her! Ha!

 
At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Aunt Nan said...

Jacob- My tasting bugs are happy sometimes...like when I eat yummy treats- but sometimes they are sad... like with foods that are too spicy :( What kinds of things make your tasting bugs sad?

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

GREAT picture! And that conversation sounds very similar to the kinds of conversations my children have together!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home