Jacoblog

Saturday, October 31, 2009

I wasn't kidding about Halloween overload! (See previous post for more details).


Here are Jacob and Casey trick-or-treating. Casey loved it! She was a real pro! She remembered to say "trick or treat" and "thank you." Jacob was a great role model, too!


Here's Jacob at the end of a long night of trick or treating. "Don't touch my candy, mom."



Here's Casey sorting through her loot. She turned to our friend Jessie and asked, "Can I eat this one tomorrow?"


Here are the kids on the front porch before trick or treating. I would post more....but y'all are just going to have to wait for the calendar! I will say, with some pride, that Jacob and I made his mask out of paper máché, paint and electrical tape. He and I also dyed his gloves with professional baker's food coloring! I also made Casey's witch shirt decal, her broom, and her hat. For her shoes I took a pink pair pink boots that she got as hand-me-downs and colored them black with a Sharpie!


We were thrilled to be joined by the Marx brothers (Groucho, Chico and Harpo) as well as their foil, Mrs. Potter!


Here's our family just before trick or treating. Uh, Josh and I are not in costume!


Here's Jacob with a wicked Spider Man pose at the Halloween parade at his Kindergarten!


Here are the pumpkin pancakes that Jacob and Casey and I made earlier in the week. Honestly, I think these were overkill. But the kids did enjoy them!


Here's Casey chowing on her pumpkin pancakes!


Here's Jacob eating his!


This was the first year that Jacob designed and cut most of his own pumpkin. Josh and I trembled in fear as we watched him work, but he was able to cut out the eyes and the nose on his own!
Here's our wonderful babysitter, Maddy! She brought apple cider and helped us to carve pumpkins! She made a sun/moon face pumpkin (see images below).


Here are all four of our pumpkins. Top right, Josh's pumpkin. To the left of that, Jacob's pumpkin. Down one step, our babysitter Maddy's pumpkin. Bottom step, the witch pumpkin I carved for Casey!


Here are Josh, Jacob and Maddy's pumpkins in the dark on Halloween night. Pretty spooky!

4 Comments:

At 5:48 AM, Blogger Kat said...

I was so anxious to see the costumes! You guys did an awesome job on that spiderman mask! Casey's costume is so cute too!
Look at all that loot! Your neighborhood is generous! Glad you all had a wonderful time.
Love the pumpkins.

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Ann said...

Dear Jacob and Casey,
Your pumpkins were the best I saw on Halloween! It looks like you took in quite a bag of treats, too. What do you think, is Halloween better than Christmas?
Love, Nana

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Kathy N. said...

Dear Nana: Jacob says they are both the same amount best: "What's good about Halloween is the candy and the costumes. About Christmas I love giving Santa Claus cocoa and cookies and I love getting all those presents."

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

What a night! The costumes are fantastic. And so were the pumpkins!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home