Jacoblog

Monday, November 16, 2009

Dr. Gregson, I Presume?


On Friday the 13th Josh defended his dissertation. This ceremony is a magical event, a little bit like a wedding, in which the PhD candidate becomes a "doctor." In the photograph above is Josh "before. In the photograph below, is Josh "after."


Everyone on Josh's committee was very proud of Josh. That's Jessie on the left, then Connie, then Roger, Josh's dissertation director. During the defense they each asked a thoughtful question. When it was over they were eager to take pictures and offer congratulations!


Immediately following the talk Josh and Keilan and I went to ELEVEN to celebrate. We indulged in a bottle of champagne, some oysters and some shrimp cocktail.

It was wonderful to celebrate this moment with Josh!

4 Comments:

At 11:13 AM, Blogger Kat said...

We are all so proud! I can't quit smiling! I know how hard you all have worked, sacrificed and devoted. Congrats to the whole family! Now Jacob and Casey have a mom and a dad for a "Doctor!"
Kathy, you must be so proud!

 
At 7:36 PM, Anonymous Nancy said...

I've been talking about Dr Gregson for weeks. We celebrated in Huntsville by going to Indian food. It reminded me of fun with you guys! Miss ya & can't wait to celebrate together!!!

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Josh said...

Hey--thanks for all the well wishes :) I officially got the last signatures & turned in the last paperwork today (Tues, Nov 17), so now I really have nothing left to do on the dissertation!! I am super thrilled!! See y'all soon :)

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

Congratulations! *stands and applauds*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home