Jacoblog

Monday, November 16, 2009

A few things I want to remember

The kids have been really fun and funny lately. The other day after Josh's defense we were telling Casey that daddy was now a doctor, just like mommy. She said, "You're not doctors!" She was really mad that we would try to pass ourselves off in such a manner.

This morning I asked Casey if she wanted to help me microwave something. She said, "I can't mom, until I'm bigger. You'll have to do it."

Jacob has been singing a "day of the week" song and a "library" song that he learned at school. It makes me think I should have made up learning songs for him years ago. After two years of trying to teach him the days of the week, Kindergarten to the rescue!

This week Jacob has been taking the bus to school. It's a lot easier than driving him, and with the nice warm fall weather it's been fun to be outside and around our neighbors. But Jacob keeps missing his school sponsored breakfast when he takes the bus. Today I asked, "Why don't you ask a grown up if you can go to the cafeteria and get breakfast?" "I can't do that," Jacob replied. "They might say NO!"

Casey remembers almost everything she's ever heard. This week, during the time that Casey reads or talks to herself, I've heard her bring up the "belly popper" (a fake monster I made up to scare the kids into playing outside on Thanksgiving---it's a long story, which I'll be happy to share if anyone's curious...), and Ling Li and Yuan, my friend Tina's kids, whom we haven't seen since August!

We asked Casey what dogs she would see at Grandma and Papa's. She said, "Petey and Annie." "And Peanut Butter," we added. Then Casey piped up, "But one of them died." Aw, it made me miss Bama a whole bunch!

Tonight Jacob made a banner to signify his love for everyone in the family. He wanted to write "Love Mom" and "Love Dad", etc. on each part of the banner. He misspelled LOVE so that it came out LOEV and VOEL. He spelled all of our names, right, though!

Last night Jacob drew a black diamond for everyone in the family. He's got so much energy for these projects that he cooks up. Uh, I guess it reminds me of...me!

4 Comments:

At 6:21 PM, Blogger Undomesticated Me said...

The nerve of you two. Trying to pass yourselves off as doctors! Good thing your kids can see right through you...Meanwhile, congrats to the family!

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Hi Kath and Josh,
Congratulations on becoming a "doctor"; You do have alot of knowledge in spite of Casey putting down your title!

I love Jacob's enthusiasm about school and bringing his learning home. As I work with kindergartners each week I think about Jacob and wish he as in my group:(

Have a great time in Bama! I know football will be a big part of your holiday:) Go Seahawks! Love, Nana

 
At 6:30 AM, Blogger Kat said...

These are the best of times for your family. How I cherished my children's innocence and imagination and ability to learn so quickly. I am so happy you all spend so much time together.
I love it that Casey has learned how to use the "until I'm bigger" to her advantage!!
I love to hear Jacob sing, and am looking forward to hearing his new songs. Josh used to sing all the time too!

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

So cute! I can't believe the things my daughter remembers. I hope they stick with her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home