Jacoblog

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sunny Monday




On Monday it was sunny. We ventured outside and built an igloo. Or, at least, we started one. We used tinfoil bread pans to make our bricks.


Here's the igloo, as seen from Jacob's bedroom. I got the idea from a "fun mom" book that Santa brought Brenda. Perhaps Santa should have gotten one for herself!




This brilliant idea is from Chris Volz, one of Jacob's preschool teachers last year at Cyert. They are called "ice flowers." Jacob and Casey helped me to make colored water with food coloring, and then we poured the colored water into ramekins with a wooden chopstick for the stem. We put them in our freezer. After they froze we "planted" them in this beautiful flower pot that Jacob and Maddy made last year.


Here are some dripping wet snow boots!

3 Comments:

At 6:06 AM, Blogger Kat said...

Good job on the ice flowers. Nice to see some color in all that white stuff! Boy, this is a winter to remember for sure. We used to make forts out of snow when we were kids. Some of my fondest memories.

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Calamitous Jane said...

igloo and ice flowers = brilliant. Coming to Bloomfield some time in the near future, I hope. I am done with indoor snow days.

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Dee Carlson said...

I love your igloo pictures! It brought back fond memories of my sister and me building them as kids. We would pour water on them every so often to keep them like ice hoping they would never melt!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home