Jacoblog

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Travel Update: Detroit Airport Play Area

You might remember that after a Thanksgiving trip to Alabama I was saddened by the number of mean stares I received from fellow travelers (http://jacoblawrencenewman.blogspot.com/2009/12/good-bad-and-mean.html ). On our trip from Seattle through Detroit back to Pittsburgh on January 6th, fellow travelers were mostly more laid back. It wasn't a peak holiday travel day, so that helped.

The Detroit airport has two long terminals, and it was only by sheer luck that we were just a few gates away from their play area. It was an empty gate with two large plastic play houses, a kid's table kid's chairs. Josh foraged for hot dog fare, and the kids played and ate. We had a relaxing 90 minute layover, and the kids got to burn off steam without any non-parents having to get burned in the process! It seems to me, as some of you suggested, that a few of these plastic playhouses, strewn throughout the terminals, would be a great solution for a travelers with and without kids alike. Everyone's happy.

I will say that right before the flight Casey took a colossal crap in her pull-up, and, in my surprisingly amateur attempt to clean her up (how long have I been changing diapers now, six years?) I got globs of poo all over my clothes. This did put a bit of a damper on my mood; I basically laundered the dress I was wearing in the airport bathroom sink and put it back on, wet. Gross. Oh well; Casey is almost 100% potty trained now, so maybe our next plane trip will involve NO DIAPER CHANGING.




1 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Blogger Kat said...

Sometimes ya just can't help get a little (or alot) of crap on you while changing a huge dump!! I hate when that happens. Glad to hear that Casey is on her way to being fully potty friendly!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home