Jacoblog

Monday, January 25, 2010

Oh, Lovely Mud!

Seven years ago, before I had children, my mom sent me an email with pictures of what happens "when men babysit." The picture that really stands out in my memory was a picture of a two year old sitting next to a six month old baby in one of those little bouncy chairs. The baby's face had been colored with black circles and lines made with a marker pen, and the two year old was holding the marker pen up in with one hand, pumping the air, victorious. What made the picture so funny was that the baby looked oddly blissful. You can see some of the pics for yourself, here: http://sofinesjoyfulmoments.com/humor/MenShouldntBBsit.htm

This photo series was called to mind on a recent Martin Luther King, Junior day when Josh had the kids for the afternoon. He had the bathroom and the children pretty well cleaned up by the time I got home, but these pictures will give you a sense of what he was doing before that. He had purchased some clay for a project he wanted to do, and when it was too hard for the kids to work with, he put them in the bath with the red-brown clay. "When men babysit," you can be sure, at the very least, that the kids have a blast.


3 Comments:

At 8:00 AM, Blogger Kat said...

I have my own horror stories of "when men babysit", but this one borders on crazy. I would hate to be the one to clean up that mess! Very funny!

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Larry was horrified but I actually thought it was hilarious - it could definitely qualify as another in the series of When Men Babysit! I bet the clean-up did not equal the fun that Jacob and Casey had:)

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Kathy N. said...

You'd be surprised at what a good job Josh did cleaning up before driving to pick me up at CMU! I had no idea the extent of the mess they had made until I saw the pictures in the camera. I was really happy for the kids that they had such a good time. I would have never, NEVER given them a mud bath. They are lucky they have such a fun dad---who is also so good at cleaning!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home