Jacoblog

Monday, May 24, 2010

Life-ier

About two weeks ago Jacob and I strolled (I pushed the stroller while Jacob sat in the stroller!) through the deep dark woods of Fricke Park to get to his Saturday AM baseball practice. We got a late start, but I thought the trip through the forest would only take about 20 minutes. It was cool and damp in the woods. Lush green ferns lined the path, and we could hear water running from multiples streams. There were giant boulders, and a thick tree canopy that blocked out the sky.

We wound our way through trails, went up hills and down them, and it started to seem like the map I had printed out from home was not up to the task. I started to ask runners when I saw them: "Where's Braddock field?" Finally we arrived for Jacob's 8:00 AM practice at...8:50 AM!

"Uh oh, Jacob, I think we're pretty late."

"That's OK mom. That was a nice walk."

"It was nice, wasn't it? Better than taking the surface roads."

"Yeah, it was life-ier. More oxygen, from all the trees and stuff."

"Life-ier! Yes, it was."

So now "life-ier" is my favorite new word!

1 Comments:

At 6:06 AM, Blogger Kat said...

What a smart, thoughtful boy! I love this story.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home