Jacoblog

Friday, September 17, 2010

Here is what we know about First Grade

1) Jacob's teacher is Ms. Piesik.
2) Jacob's best friend from Cyert, Ani, is in his class.
3) Jacob has a new friend, named Conner, who also has a Wii and who likes to play Super Mario. Conner hasn't made it past the sixth world in Super Mario, poor guy.
4) Every day the kids are evaluated as "Satisfactory, Needs Improvement or Outstanding." So far over 10 days of class this year Jacob has 5 Outstandings and 5 Satisfactories. The last 4 days have all been Outstanding. He is in the zone.
5) There are 28 kids in Jacob's class.
6) Jacob has 12 pages of homework to finish with considerable input from Mom and Dad. It's due next Tuesday.
7) When Nana asked Jacob: "What is the first thing you do every day when you get to school?" Jacob replied: "I get off the bus."
8) In art class Jacob made a silly hat and belt with a kind of paper he called "licking sticks."



OK, you two. Your after school snack wasn't THAT BAD.

4 Comments:

At 5:19 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Kathy, I love your blogs!!! One of my favorite memories from 1st grade was the health nurse who came with her pet monkey (yes, a real one) to teach us how to brush our teeth. Can you imagine that today??? Thanks for the reminder!!
XOXO
Aunt Susie

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Kat said...

I can't stop laughing about Jacob's answer to Nana. LOL
Mrs Erwin was my teacher, that is about all I remember.
I must have been in the zone too!!
haha
28 is a big class.

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Kat said...

P.S. Love the photo and caption.

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

28 KIDS!!! 12 pages of homework!

Punky's class has 16 kids! Does Jacob's teacher have an assistant?

I sort of remember classes being closer to 30 than 20 when I was a kid, but now that I've gotten used to 16, I can't even imagine 28!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home