Jacoblog

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Night

It could be said that by the time we finally got to Halloween night that the holiday had lost a bit of its novelty---we had been celebrating non-stop for more than a week. But the kids were just as excited as ever, I spent the day perfecting their costumes.

For one, I finally got Jacob's straps to stay up. I won't bore you with the details, but VELCRO was involved.


I also made bags to match each costume. Casey had a bag covered in yellow ribbon with lady bugs on the ribbon. Jacob's bag has the air bender's nation's symbol on it.


We trick or treated in our new neighborhood, one street over, and got to satisfy our curiosity about how the other half lives. There were lots of nice houses and lots of families out trick or treating. Casey got tuckered out after the first 40 minutes, but Josh and Jacob stayed out about twice as long. Then we put the kids to bed and watched the Steelers game (boo hoo), and then I worked on this epic series of blog posts! I think I am officially done with Halloween!

3 Comments:

At 6:45 AM, Blogger Kat said...

I enjoyed the adventures of Halloween Week!! You guys sure stay busy. I loved all the costumes even though I was a tad ashamed of Josh being a flasher!!! LOL! I used to love to celebrate this holiday with the kids, but you guys have out-done yourselves! Now it's on to more holiday fun.,,,,,

 
At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Ivana said...

Oy, all these posts are from one week? And many from one day? How did you find the energy to write about it all, much less do it?!? We got 3 bags' worth of trick-or-treaters in our new house (we moved on Halloween last year) - very exciting. Nice move on the oil costume - it's good to have something comfy and warm. Let all those sexy cats shiver!

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Ann said...

Wow, Kathy, this is exhausting just to read about much less experience. I didn't even recognize Jacob and thought their costumes were terrific! I'm thinking you should take another look at Casey's list of things to do and make a similar list for your Halloween next year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home