Jacoblog

Sunday, October 17, 2010

This Weekend Brought to You by Home Depot

Well, the intimate relationship between my children and corporations only continued this weekend when I announced that we were going to have a family yard-work day. Jacob dashed into the basement and unearthed the Home Depot kids' aprons that some nice Home Depot worker gave us when Casey and Jacob were having an in-store melt down the last time we were there.



Casey and Jacob also fought over the only pair of garden clippers. Casey called the clippers "the twigger." When Casey and Jacob got tired of fighting over the twigger they found other ways to amuse themselves outside.


Meanwhile, I used the Home Depot leaf blower that Ann and Larry got Josh for his birthday to clean up the leaves in the back. And Josh sculpted our front yard with a Home Depot electric hedge trimmer. He did a fantastic job---very professional. The only gaffe was when he accidentally cut through one of the extension chords with the trimmer. Whoops!


We can see our address number for the first time since we moved in! Nice job, family! And you, too, Home Depot.

2 Comments:

At 4:23 AM, Blogger Kat said...

I laughed out loud when I read about Josh cutting through the extention cord!!! I am still laughing. Only because it sounds like something B. would do!!!
The hedges look awesome and I like seeing the house numbers. Mikey used to always want the "crickers" (aka: twiggers, pruners, clippers.) I am not sure why children are so intrigued with those things. I just bought me a new pair!!
Good job on the yard work with all the nifty gadgets that make it a little easier!! Go Steelers!Well, I am on my way to Lowes. Have to buy another tile scorer, since we cannot find ours.

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

Great house! It reminds me of my grandparents' old neighborhood in Roanoke, Virginia.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home