Jacoblog

Saturday, October 02, 2010

More about First Grade

First grade is a still a bit of a mystery. And, as Lindsay pointed out (in the post below), 28 is a WHOLE LOT of kids for one class. It feels criminal to me. But if my choices are private school, public schools in the suburbs, or where we are now, I gotta say, I'm OK with where we are now.

This is partly because Jacob seems to thrive at Linden. I've been in New York since Thursday morning, but Josh reports that on Friday morning, before he and Casey got up, Jacob worked on his homework (instead of watching cartoons!), all by himself, for 45 minutes!

First grade home work is voluminous. Once a week we get a fat packet of 10-15 double sided stapled pages, and we are supposed to do certain pages on certain days. But I find it easier to let Jacob choose the pages he wants to work (always math first, which he knocks off in about 90 seconds).

Jacob also brings home school work every day. I love this drawing he made about "what he did on his summer vacation!"


1 Comments:

At 7:22 AM, Blogger Kat said...

Keep up the good work, Jacob. I love your Summer Vacation drawing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home