Jacoblog

Thursday, January 07, 2010

It's Hard to Keep a Straight Face

When Casey, age 2.5, after I tell her that the toy she is playing with is not a shoe, says, "I'm going to kick your butt and hurt your feelings." I know I should have been mad, but all I could do was crack up.

Granted, it's not her typical behavior. 12 hours of travel yesterday minus 3 lost hours (to time difference) plus long day at school. She perked up after dinner, and then went to bed. The book she chose at bedtime was Teeth are Not for Biting. Hopefully she will neither bite me nor kick my butt nor hurt my feelings tomorrow. Today, she just made me laugh.

4 Comments:

At 7:43 AM, Blogger Kat said...

I would not have been able to keep a straight face on that one either. Where did that come from??

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Kathy N. said...

It comes from two places. Jacob and Casey learned "kick your butt" from something they saw on TV. Sponge Bob, I think. Then, when Jacob is upset, he says, "you hurt my feelings." So, I think, in Casey's world, these are the two worst things you could do to someone! Kick butt, and hurt feelings! And she's pretty close to right!

 
At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Jenn said...

wow, I would not have known if I wanted to Laugh, or get REALLY ANGRY!

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Kathy N. said...

Thanks for your comment, Jenn! I definitely wanted to laugh. My daughter is such a little peanut, and to have her threaten to "kick my butt", it just seemed hilarious! If this were typical behavior, though, trust me, we would work hard to do more to shape it in a better direction! As it is, I'm pretty ashamed that she even knows the words "kick your butt." But that's my fault, not hers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home